A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I love you Super Secret Second-hand Shop. You're so delightfully frou frou.

While down south, Remy, mum and I popped to the Super Secret Second-hand Shop. This visit wasn't everything I was expecting. Usually we're the only ones there (the owner usually opens it especially for us - what can I say, we're good customers) and the place is an utter mess with treasures hidden amongst the rubbish.

This time there were four other people there and the owner had had a clean up; NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I did get some precious buttons.

These from the 1920s:


These glass ones from the 1940s:


And these stunning 50s buttons:



I also picked up this 1950s hat that's in perfect condition:


And the most delightful ball of string for tying up presents that are wrapped in brown paper:


I also found 3 metres of vintage fabric:

that I'm going to use in this dress:

with this fabric as the 'bib':


Fun!

Ooo, once we've moved to the South Island, I'll be able to go to the SSSS all the time.

1 comment:

bettyninja said...

Nice finds! Every girl needs her own SSSS