A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Monday, January 7, 2008

My frou frou has been stolen!

The sack dress, as I rather unaffectionately call it, has sucked up and spat out my sewing mojo.

Remy has needed a good sunhat for ages and I tried to make one today but, hummph, it looks horrid so far (Jules doesn't agree; he thinks it's cute. Mind you, he generally does have very good taste...). I'll finish it tomorrow anyway because I can't bear to have another unfinished thing sitting in my sewing room. Luckily, we had already bought a sunhat from the lovely Lies over at Anemone, and we'll get it sometime this week, yay!

I've attempted to fix the sack dress and I'm some of the way there. So far I've removed the extra 4 inches of width I added to make it big enough for me (strange how my measurements were significantly different to the pattern, yet the altered size was waaaaaaaay too big... any idea why from those other sewers out there?), added darts under the bust, removed some length from the back, and I've given the 'bib' a lower neckline because the high neckline makes me look shorter and kind of like I'm entirely made of boob.

I just have to figure out how to make the back fit me properly. It's still wrinkly around the small of my back. I might have to do some more research on what to do.

I've been toying with the idea that if I have to change the pattern so much to suit me and fit me, then maybe I'd be better to choose a different pattern. I really don't want to touch that vintage fabric until I'm confident that I'm going to make something fab.

No comments: