A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Couture is delightfully frou frou

One thing I plan to do this year is to learn and incorporate into my work more couture sewing techniques.

I've picked up a few books from the library to start off. I'm really enjoying Couture Sewing Techniques by Claire Shaeffer, but I'm glad I didn't judge it by its cover - that jacket is just too, too much for a girl like me. Yes, even for a girl like me. The sequins! The locasts! The odd-shaped pocket! Too Much. But a good book. I'm going to keep an eye out for a secondhand copy.

I'm also going to learn how to applique this year. I'm starting tonight actually! I have some funny fish material and a onesie of Remy's so the two will be combined. Should it turn out ok, I might even be brave enough to post the photos here.

One of the other books I borrowed from the library is on Marimeeko . I'm so in love with this designer that when I win the lottery, 90% is going their way.

In exciting family news, Jules has posted the article from Cuisine on his blog. You can read all about him (and me! I get a tiny mention at the very, very end) here.

3 comments:

a camera in the world said...

Congratulations to Jules on his write up.

And I am enjoying your blog muchly, especially today, when it is cold (yes cold!) and miserable here in HK.

Megan Rose said...

Bahahaha! Cold in Hong Kong! I thought you were a good Southern boy ?

Glad that you're enjoying the blog. I think of you when my photos aren't exactly what I intended - if only you were still just up the road for me to call!

Brandy Melville Tops said...

It will work great for my evening out. I will most definitely order from this company again. The dress was a tad small, so I ordered a size up. But other than that, this dress is a winner. It is so pretty and classy.