A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

TV detox: it's not going to be much froufrouing fun

Oh dear god, I've just realised that I have spent five hours watching telly tonight. FIVE HOURS. If I do this everyday, it works out to 35 hours a week. That's the equivalent of a full-time job. In France. But I want to live in France so let's just call 35 hours a full-time job.

Now I'm thinking of putting myself through a TV detox. Hrm. Sounds painful. Is it a good idea?

PS Where are you Teeny? Big Love isn't the same without you. You and Margie were my favourite characters and, sorry, but Margie alone just can't carry the show. Come back. Please.

3 comments:

Jane Gianoutsos said...

Its completely worth it! We were in France for New Year, we've come home (sob) and have limited ourselves to watching 1 program a week (other than the news). So the F.Word has it, and the rest of the time we're gardening, playing board games, sipping wine on the deck, etc. So much more satisfying than TV!

Good luck!

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Big Love is back on?!!? Oh yeahhhh TV1 stole it. Must tune our tv so we can get it.

Last night was Shorty St... then House and Boston Legal. No regrets! I'm a TV addict and I love it.

BUT now I have knitting to justify my TV time. Do you knit? Great way to be productive and ridiculously lazy at the same time!

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan, thanks so much for your lovely comment. Funny enough one of my new years resolutions is 'less TV watching' It is working so far, I am getting so much more done. Just discovery your blog... love it. Jannelle Heart Felt
www.teatodtoad.typepad.com