A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bullet points take less frou frou out of a girl

- I'm still stupidly tired.
- Remy can't be or surely he'd sleep.
- Went to my favourite material shop today and only had the energy to spend $37 in their sale. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? But I did get this Zambesi fabric:

- I've just lost an hour of my life here.
- My favourite so far:

New Zealand model Nicky Watson, croakily: I've been looking for my lost dog for days. I've been all over the area day and night, calling, 'Cricket, Cricket,' trying to find my poor Cricket.
Interviewer: You're hoarse.
Nicky Watson: No, my chihuahua.


- The spelling involved in this makes me proud of anarchists everywhere:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and me girl, I'm a walking zombie at the moment :( Why do babies not want to sleep? But we still love them.xx Jannelle (Heart Felt) www.teatodtoad.typepad.com

bettyninja said...

That fabric is to die for!

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Soooo where is this favourite fabric shop of yours? Hrmmmmm...? Please tell me Global Fabrics? I must make a lunchtime trip to there to spend all hard earned cash in matter of minutes.

P.S. Hope you feel better soon!

P.P.S. Nicky Watson brings shame to my name.

AMCSviatko said...

Stunning fabric. I hope I find something as gorgeous when I get to Wellington in March...

Megan Rose said...

Jannelle - yes, a walking zombie, that's the way to describe it. I do love him madly but I'd love 8 hours sleep in a row too. How was the visit to the zoo? And the fair?

Bettyninga - ha! I'm so glad that I've managed to make you jealous! You see, I'm so often jealous of you and the treasures you find.

Nikki - Yes, Global Fabrics. I love them so much. And the women that work there are awesome. Sometimes I blush when they say hi to me because they always say it in that 'you're one of us' way, and it's just so exciting that people so fabulous could do that to little old me! And don't worry about Nicky Watson - she spells her name the other way so she really doesn't have the same name as you at all.

The Shopping Sherpa - Oooo, how great that you're coming our way. As mentioned above, Global Fabrics is by far the most wonderful fabric shop in Welly. Are you familiar with the fabric shops over here? If not, I'm happy to send detailed instructions of where to spend all your lovely Aussie dollars!

Megan Rose said...

Ms Ninga - I've just re-read my comment to you and thought maybe I sounded mean. Oops. Didn't mean to be mean to y'all...

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh! I haven't been to Global Fabrics forever. Perhaps when I start working again I can venture up there again and stop slumming it at Arthur Toye. Lovely fabric!
Bless Nicky, she tries.

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Megan

I used to frequent the big place down at the bottom of Tinakori Road and the big place up in Newtown past New World. And Arthur Toyes if I was feeling lazy. Not that I did much sewing the last few years I was in Wellington (except for dolls house sized)