A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Monday, January 21, 2008

A day in the sun in FrouFrouTon

What a stunning day Wellington turned on! Actually, it was a bit too hot, but after 11 years of truly shite summers, I'm not going to complain.

We went on a family outing to City Gallery to see the Bill Hammond and Tracey Moffatt exhibitions. On the way there we picked up delicious thickshakes from Offbeat Originals in Left Bank, Cuba Mall. Mmmmmmmm. Such thickshakey goodness.

Remy was looking particularly cute in his new sunhat made by Lies at Anemone and a t-shirt we bought from Babylicious before he was born (gosh, such a long time ago now). Thanks you crafty guys!

Further in my 8 week push to get my jackets out in shops, I've popped a little person on the inside of this jacket to give it a little je ne sais quoi.



It's one of my first attempts at proper applique, so I had a wee practice first.

I'm feeling more confident. Who knows what dizzy applique-related heights I can achieve now??

Ooo, and not to forget the photo of the biscuit of the day, melting moments (or, as they were called in my house growing up, YoYos):

2 comments:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Argh. Craving for melting moments/yoyos now.

And love the applique. Well done.

Megan Rose said...

Now that they're all gone, I'm craving them too.

I have dreams of appliquing the world now. Oh applique, how I love you.