A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Frou frou defined (again)

Over at Damn Good Vintage, Julie the vintage goddesss has a link to a post on Zuberbia about Wabi Sabi; the Japanese art of finding beauty in imperfection. I love this:
Wabi Sabi is the Japanese art of finding beauty in imperfection. Instead of shunning decay from time, weather, love and age, it celebrates it. And for a vintage fashionista, that means learning to embrace frayed edges, subtle color fading, minor snags and other imperfections.

How wonderful. It also describes how I feel about handmade clothes. I love the little imperfections that somehow hold some of the essence of the person who made them.

2 comments:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Woahhhh! How have I not stumbles across you before!?

Btw, in theory it sounded all lovely and 'kindred spirit'-like that we had some sort of freaky blog connection. Turns out you can actually sew though... unfortunately that means we can no longer be the best of friends that I had imagined... my envy of your talent would totally interrupt that. ;)

Fab blog. Fab sewing... if I wasn't about to leave for the Middle Of Nowhere I would totally be trawling back through all your posts. Another day... another day.

Megan Rose said...

Ooo, have fun down the sounds sans power. There will be plenty of space for the screaming to disappear into. You may not even hear it anymore.

Thanks for your very kind compliments. Rumour has it - alright, I read it on another blog - that you are in fact a very good sewer, so enough of the modesty please!