A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

I've had a few busy, busy months. What, with having my first baby and starting my first business and all, I've hardly had time to think. Which is a jolly good thing. I don't think I'd be able to look after either the business or the baby if I thought about the logistics of doing everything well.

My baby is pretty self-explanatory. He's baby-ish and growing very rapidly. I'm pretty sure I'll have no shame and will post pictures of him here but I will do my best not to witter on about him. I will try especially hard to hold back all the nappy-related stories.

My business description is still a little murky but I'm working out the boundaries as the work flows in. I basically make kids' clothes. I use loads of vintage fabric and buttons. As much as possible, I use good cotton, linen, silk or wool, though sometimes I do use completely irresistible fabric that's not so wholesome. Eh, what's a girl to do when there are so many delicious fabrics out there?

I've been lucky enough to get a place at Craft2.0, yay, and I've been inundated with commissions from friends and friends-of-friends so the next few months will be frantically creative. Which is just the way I like it.

My poor old sewing machine went to the sewing machine doctor yesterday and it will be away for a week. A WEEK! So I've had to arrange plenty of tasks that don't involve the sewing machine to make sure I'm still on-track to meet my deadlines.

I'm working on the back panel of a hoodie for a girl (newborn to three-month sized):

 


I'm really enjoying this one. The felt is really quite difficult to push the needle through but the effect is worth it. More later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: