A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

I should really be in bed but...

...as i was about to close the laptop for the day, I remembered that I was planning to blog about one of my crafty projects.

This is a detail of a pocket from a (nearly complete) sleeveless hoodie for a girl:



Now this is possibly even more than Frou Frou with capital Fs. The outer material is from Donna Karen New York, the inner stripes are quilting material and the blue gingham is from the secret Super Second-hand Store. I'm also going to use vintage buttons that I picked up from good ol' TradeMe.

I used the pocket pattern from a dress and altered it a little to suit here. I was rather hoping that they would look more gathered and be more puffy but I'll make sure that happens the next time I want this kind of pocket.

No comments: