A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Where the crafty things are

Ooo, it's all been a bit quiet on this blog of late.

And it's all been a bit quiet on the sewing front in this house of late. I put the blame firmly on the kid. Sheesh that kid needs a lot of stuff done for him - cooking, bathing, washing - LAZY. That's what he is.

The couture jacket is on hold for the moment. The pink silk lining was fraying like a mad thing, so much so that I can't use it. Maybe there was something I needed to do first to prevent the fraying? So I need to find a new lining but I'm having trouble matching it. I've also tried not matching it in that crazy mixed up juxtaposition kind of way but that's not working either. I'll keep working on it though - it's not destined for the pile of unfinished messes - it's been good fun so far.

I'm still sewing my new labels in the jackets and they're looking cute.

In breaking news, we bit the bullet and got rid of telly. It's been lovely. The energy in the house has changed. Lovely.

4 comments:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Rid of the television? Mad woman. (Oh how I wish I had your strength!)

I saw some anti-fray spray stuff down at the sewing shop the other day (in Kilbirnie) - not sure if it is worth looking into. Quite expensive!

Anonymous said...

I wish we could get rid of our TV, we seem to have just acquired a second one.
Spotlight (my old employer boo hiss) has Fray Stop but probably not worth buying.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Good on you! Such strength! Jannelle / Heart Felt / www.teatodtoad.typepad.com

Megan Rose said...

Hahaha! Noooo, It's got nothing to do with strength, quite the opposite in fact. See, I don't have the willpower to have the telly in the house and not watch it, so it had to go.

I've only had the tiniest pangs of regret but mostly I'm so busy doing fun stuff that I thought I didn't have time for to notice that there's no telly anymore.

As for the fraying, it's waaaaaay too much to recover now - prob from all the handling involved in handstitching - and there's not enough material for me to cut another lining. That's ok though - the right material will come along.