A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Corpse Brides

My darling dear friend Natalie is getting married in January - Hurrah! - and I'm going to be a bridesmaid for her.

She sent me some links to some stunning frocks she's considering for her big day. One of the links she sent me was this - the Vera Wang website. On it is a video of the runway of the spring/summer collection.

It's shocking. So, so shockingly bad. Not the bridal gowns - those are mostly very pretty and it's nice to see some movement away from boring old strapless A-lines - but the make-up and hair on the models. They look like the walking dead.

Don't get me wrong - I like runway shows that are exciting and unexpected, those that juxtaposition pretty, flouncy clothes with loud delicious punk music or minimalist, tightly structured clothes with gorgeous floral backdrops. This show attempts those things with the ugly hair and make-up with the pretty dresses but it just doesn't hit the mark. It's just plain old weird and mismatched.

No comments: