A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Frilly frou frou for the silly season

 

I've had this little dress sitting in my sewing room waiting to be finished for, um, forever, and I finally finished it! It's the perfect size for an average six month old and is made with plain pink material from my mum's stash (thanks mum!) and cream with pink spots from Donna Karen New York. Coincidentally, the pink spotty material is the same as Trelise Cooper used in kids' jackets this season.

This dress has helped me realise the limitations of my (beginner) sewing machine. The buttonhole feature is completely ghastly and, as a result, I dread and avoid doing buttonholes. Pretty silly state of affairs considering I've been making tonnes of hoodies lately and almost all of them have needed buttonholes.

Anywho, I've got some reasonably-sized commissions on the go so I'm thinking of upgrading my machine. Just the thought is making me giddy...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

bettyninja said...

Oh this is adorable. You can't even tell about the buttonholes. That is great that you actually get paid for your sewing!