1. My first words to the surgeon who saved my life: "I like you".
2. FECAL ODOUR ELIMINATOR anyone? It's magic the way that it changes the molecular structure of urine and fecal scents. Picturesque, oui?
3. I had time to do Sudoku in hospital. Lots of Sudoku. About 31 puzzles. And I had time to learn that I suck at Sudoku. About 31 times.
4. The week before The Big Stay In Hospital, I found a darling little bed jacket in a local thrift store. I'd never seen a bed jacket in real life and fell head-over-heals in love with this one. I needed the perfect opportunity to wear it. I dreamed of coming down with something like TB (not actually TB because yes, it's romantic in stories, but romantic in real life? Definitely not). I pictured myself sitting in bed, frail yet luminous, reading my Agatha Christie novels and totally looking the part with the cutest little bed jacket ever.
But then real life came along and kicked that dream's butt. I went straight from the Doctor's to hospital. I didn't pass Go and I couldn't pick up my bed jacket.
5. Amount of weight lost during all of this? 3 kilos. Yuuuuusss.