A place where lazy bloggers can come and feel better about themselves. The rest of you are welcome too.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hooray! There's the light at the end of the tunnel.

Wow. Finally. This is my last day of full-time, in-an-office work. Well, for a (good, long) while at least.

And Jules is going back to work.

Look at us living the traditional family working/caring arrangements dream. I really thought we'd be able to turn it upside-down and for it to work well, but no, it's not for us.

And I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to be at home again with my darling little boy. I can't wait to run around the garden being chased by an 18 month old manic weilding a hose; to snuggle on the sofa watching In the Night Garden; to dance like a lunatic to Remy's very favourite music (that currently includes the Black seeds, the White Stripes, and any band that does a decent cover of The Wheels on the Bus).

I know it's not always going to be easy, but man, I can't wait.

2 comments:

Look Left Karen said...

Yippee for you...and I concur working in in office is cruel and unusual punishment and should be avoided at all costs!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo... you go girl and enjoy your little boy. Sounds like you can't wait for the games to begin. That's the way it's got to be.